So I’m thinking that I need a weekly post about something fun and fabulous – so why not make that day Friday and that something will be anything from new stores, items I like, things I think are cute and all around wonderful! It may not all be wedding related, but it is going to be fabulous! Here is to new ideas, fun finds, and things that I can’t help but *drool* over. Enjoy!
1. Chalkboard paint! Why? Because you can do soooo many cool things with it! My favorite ideas: mugs for an engagement session – you can write whatever you like and the couple can hold them for a cozy winter session! Wine glasses can have 1/2 the base painted to put guests names, great for a favor, name cards, all in one! Paint some on apothecary jars for a candy bar so guests know what everything is! Make signs to point guests in the right direction, just paint on balsa wood – go to a craft store to get them in shapes. You can even paint paper and make custom tags… Better yet – make your own in any color you want! That’s right, you can make chalkboard paint in your wedding colors!!! Click here to learn how.
2. Fun colored shoes! Just because you are wearing white doesn’t mean that you can’t have some fun with your shoes. If you know me by now – you know that I LOVE shoes! They can be your something blue – they can be your favorite color – the color of your brides maids dress – have FUN with it! No one wants to wear white shoes at their wedding anymore, so let your personality shine!
3. Paper bunting… you know, the little flags you can string up at the base of the candy buffet table – through trees – well, just about anywhere could give a great spring feel! And they are super easy for DIYer’s too. Grab some fun scrapbooking paper at your local craft store and have at… Check out a how to here!
4. Painted watercolor vases. Just use old jars or vases, mix water and paint in bucket, put masking tape around top of vase to point you don’t want to be painted and dip and swirl! Reminds me of coloring Easter eggs! How pretty!
5. I’m sorry, these just make me smile. Get creative with tags stuck in gumdrops for a base! I can think of a thousand little fun uses for these at a wedding!
6. I have a place in my heart for fabric flowers… And although you’ll usually see me wearing them in my hair – I just adore these guys for just about anything you’d like on a wedding day… Decor, favors, fashion, fun!!! They are handmade and affordable… Get them here!
(Thank you to http://asubtlerevelry.com/ for some great inspirational ideas as well)
*Please follow the links to see where these great ideas came from to include the wonderful photogs that created each photo!